Hear The Timeless Marketing Tips From The Original "Mad Man" of Madison Avenue
Stream below or right click here to download this episode.
Marketing Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Topics covered and quotes from "Confessions of an Advertising Man" by David Ogilvy
- "When people aren't having any fun, they seldom produce good work."
- "People are more productive when they drink. I find if I drink two or three brandies, I am better able to write."
- "Pay people peanuts and you get monkeys."
- "...99% of advertising doesn't sell much of anything to anyone."
- "Leaders grasp nettles." (thorny, prickly things)
- "Don't keep a dog and bark yourself."
- "Hire people who are better than you are."
- "You can't save souls in an empty church."
- "I admire people with gentle manners, who treat other people as human beings. I abhor quarrelsome people who wage paper warfare...I despise toadies who suck up to their bosses; they are generally the same people who bully their subordinates."
- "Don't bunt. Aim out of the park. Aim for the company of immortals."
- A Little Mistake That Cost A Salesman All Of His Commission
- From $2/day To $1,000,000 On Facebook Marketing (Meet Justin Brooke)
- Affordable Sales Training Resources
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Make Every Sale
- The Inner Circle
- Sales Training Flash Cards
- Follow Wes on Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- The Sales Agenda
- The Best Sales Books
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Automate Your Sales For Just $9
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft