'Do It Selling' With David Newman
May 02, 2023
David Newman 2
Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- "Do It Selling!" author.
- Works with a lot of professional services clients who hate to sell.
- "New Sales Simplified," "nobody defaults to prospecting," Mike Weinberg
- Pushy... salesy...always negative when describing salespeople.
- Stop talking so much.
- You don't have to pitch and present and make offers.
- Ask more questions.
Related episodes and posts
- David Newman discusses "Do It Marketing!"
- Great Marketing Makes Selling Easy. Great Selling Makes Great Marketing Possible.
- Become a facilitator...and interviewer.
- Ask follow-up questions...and what else?
- Take off your salesy hat.
- Peel the onion.
- Ask questions to have the power and none of the pressure.
- "A prospect who is listening is not a prospect."
- Get the structure and framework in the book.
- Conversation roadmaps.
- Four phases of professional selling
- Initial diagnosis
- It's sales malpractice to skip right to treatment before diagnosing.
- Speak the prospect's language to create a successful proposal.
- "Based on everything you've said so far, this is at least a 6-figure deal. Now if that doesn't scare you, let's keep talking."
- Be proud of your pricing and the value you deliver.
- Have a business discussion, so it's about them.
- Sales discussions are about us, and prospects don't want to have those discussions.
Negotiate up, not down."
- Robert Cialdini, "consistency."
- Prospects will find the money to be consistent if things change.
- "I'm curious, what budget restrictions are you working with?"
- Break it into phases. "The more you look, the more you find."
- Negotiation in the book. Negotiate up, not down.
- "Of course, it's negotiable. Everything has a price. How much more would you like to pay?"
- This shows confidence and certainty.
- Every day you're running an obstacle course in sales, and you're surprised to find brick walls and water obstacles and boulders.
- A good sales process is like an attorney cross-examining a witness.
- How do you prevent the objections: time, money, confirm with partner/spouse, we've tried it before, it's not a good time, it's our busy season, etc. (There are only about nine objections.)
- You must dissolve those objections before asking for the sale.
- Maybe salespeople are lazy.
- Started as a marketing consultant, so he wrote a marketing book.
- After years of helping speakers, he wrote a speaking book.
- Now he wrote a sales book because the whole point of marketing is to generate a sale.
- Writing crystallizes thought, and thought crystallizes action.
Sales Growth Tools Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Hire The Best Speaker for your sales meeting or marketing conference
- Take The CRM Quiz: get a free consultation with me
- Donate: Just because you like the show, the no-bullshit approach, and don't want to buy a book, software, or The Make Every Sale Program.
- The Sales Agenda: take control of every sales opportunity like a pro.
- Leadferno: Turn lurkers into leads
- Founders Card: Get $20,000 in free processing from Stripe, save 15% on Bose, and save on hotels, travel, car rentals, you name it.
- Send Drunk Emails: ...that get opened and get you paid!
- Phone Burner: work the phone like a machine so you can be a human when you connect.
- Sendspark: Send video emails that make an impact so you can stand out from the noise. Use promo code SALESWHISPERER to get 33% off for three months
- Guest Site: DoItSelling.com and a DoItMarketing.com/manifesto and DoItMarketing.com/webinar
- Guest Twitter:
- Guest Instagram:
- Guest LinkedIn:
- Support The Sales Podcast: https://bit.ly/3JOJ6jC
- Podcast website: https://www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3PeYzKL
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nEwCF8
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheSalesWhispererWes
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheWes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saleswhisperer
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/saleswhisperer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thesaleswhisperer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesaleswhisperer
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saleswhisperer