Sell more by speaking more so you are seen as the expert and treated as such
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Keynote Speaker with a Signature Talk entitled "Timeless Secrets of Influential Leaders"
- Interviewed 4,000 experts so he has some insight into what makes for a key leader
- It's hard to stand out in the speaking world so having a niche helps
- Learned "the spider method" from the comedy world
- The body is the core of the talk
- The legs are the supporting points
- Limit your points to 3 to 5 or you'll overwhelm your audience
- Zig Ziglar told jokes and/or new stories every seven minutes because the audience was groomed to expect a commercial every seven minutes
- Now you have to mix it up even more
- How do you get paid to speak?
- He traded for gym memberships and testimonials and even $300
- Started on the Chamber of Commerce / Rotary circuit
- Most of his business now comes from inbound leads
- He started by cold calling to get booked to speak
- He started asking his attendees for referrals and that gets him 20-30% of his speaking business now
- Get these books on speaking
- "Speak and Grow Rich" by Dottie and Lilly Walters
- "Money Talks: How to Make a Million As A Speaker" by Alan Weiss
- "Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling" by Michael Port
- "The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs" by Carmine Gallo
- Follow Corey Poirier on Twitter (@ThatSpeakerGuy)