Read your prospects to sell how they want to buy
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Finds the "hunters"
- The DriveTest®, three non-teachable attributes = Drive
- Need for achievement.
- "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
- Win customers over to their point of view
- Optimism (resiliency)
- Drive is the easiest to fake in an interview and the most difficult to accurately rate
- Assessment + interview questions
- Need for achievement.
- What makes a great sales person?
- Organizational skills
- 5 keys in
- Conscientiousness: achievement orientation
- Nature vs Nurture
- Parents must hold their kids accountable
- The cost of an under-performer can impact you negatively to the tune of 6-figures easily
- His tests are just $200 so you can afford it, even if you're just starting out
- Bigger companies need to streamline their interview process
- He gives "forced choice" questions
- Needs to also be a fit culturally
- If they are low on need for achievement and competitiveness then their optimism can kill your company
- Strong need for achievement helps balance them from being a bull in a China shop
- Gut feel is still important. There must be chemistry.
- Smart sales people will study how to interview and they'll take over the interview
- This is like "Consumer Reports" for reviewing your candidates
- You can teach people how to do a demo and connect with people
- You must have the culture to manage the sales hunters
- Look for candidates with external motivators like a mortgage and car payments
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman Swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- "Never Hire a Bad Salesperson Again: Selecting Candidates Who Are Absolutely Driven to Succeed"
- Visit Dr. Christopher Croner's Sales Drive and get a complementary drive test and the production builder report (Sales managent and HR)
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Make Every Sale
- Get ActiveCampaign For Just $9
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Infusionsoft Review
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.