Learn the "+1" formula to connect with the media and get publicity for free
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Left news after 10+ years
- Worked at a PR agency for six months but didn't like the lack of flexibility
- Launched her own business with two little kids at home
- She hates press releases...they're long and boring
- Maybe it's a work-ethic problem...maybe it's an instant-gratification problem
- Send a personal message and offer value
- Help your customers do their job
- It costs 10's of thousands or even 100's of thousands to really get the word out
- You need a longterm goal and strategy
- You can only spend money or time to grow your business
- Always start local. You're more newsworthy since you live there
- What's your goal?
- Local TV and newspaper can work even now.
- PR companies will lie to you about how fast they can work
- Press releases used to work
- Everyone is in the media now thanks to social media
- Reporters are over-worked and underpaid today
- Hand them everything they want and need on a silver platter
- Give them a great story
- Script, lower-thirds, video, high resolution images / visuals, props, everything
- Timing matters
- Evergreen stories
- Current news, i.e. a Mexican food restaurant pitching a story for Taco Tuesday on National Tequila Day
- Pitch a variety of reporters / journalists
- Make them a go-to person once they pick you up and loop them in
- Are you ready to convert the traffic from your great PR?
- Do PR on your PR!
- Big shows will always ask to see clips of you on smaller shows
- You have to speak in good soundbites
- You provide the "how" and the emotional components
- Question = Answer + 1 to get your point across in a professional manner
- Get clear on your goal
- Build a media list?
- Get visitors to your store?
- Build your media persona. FIND ONE journalist and get to know them and build a relationship with them.
- Get More Publicity With Hollywood Media Coach "TeeJ" Mercer
- Clint Arthur: Get On TV, Master Publicity, Grow Your Business
- Christine Haas Shows You How To Avoid The Black Market of PR
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Christina's site just for listeners of The Sales Podcast
- Visit Christina Nicholson at Media Maven
- Visit her Personal Blog/Website
- Follow her on Facebook
- Follow her on Twitter
- Follow her on LinkedIn
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as: