About Today's Guest on The Sales Podcast
Carrie Wilkerson was "the mom next door," with her one boy and three girls. She works from home. Adopted her two older kids. Was not educated in business but got "into business out of necessity." As Carrie puts it "my mess was bigger than most."
She is 5’ 4” and was 266 pounds, had over $100,000 in unsecured debt, was dealing with depression, infertility, and was pondering suicide.
Carrie chose joy. She realized she was destined for more and for greatness. She was almost 30 and made a decision to change. (42 now)
In 2001 before “virtual administration” was cool she started a direct publishing business. And the rest is covered in today's episode.
Inbound Marketing Tips you'll learn in this episode...
- What to follow when you realize just following your passion isn't enough.
- How to beat your competition by 1,700%. (It's easier than you think.)
- How to overcome the "hermit" in you and make a name for yourself in your market.
- How to start a business from home, before a market crash, with a newborn depending on you.
- Her preferred social media platform for growing her brand to create inbound marketing to grow her business.
- What type of economy we're in today. (It's not what you think.)
- What people are hungry for today. (It's not junk food or hand-holding.)
- What Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz" can teach you about leadership.
- How to measure your effectiveness.
- What to do instead of comparing yourself to others.
- Whether or not to share the "silly things in life."
- What to focus on besides numbers.
- The number one metric you do need to focus on.
- How to decide what to leverage: sphere of influence or advertising.
- How to get your first, second, and subsequent sales.
Do what's easiest to cash in on"
- Monika Korra on How To Overcome Any Adversity
- Dr Nicole Eastman: Hit By a Truck. Picked Herself Back Up
- Saved By SEAL Team 6: Jessica Buchanan, Impossible Odds
Tools To Thrive
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer® podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Fix Your Follow Up Failure
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft