The Legacy of 'The Rice and Beans Millionaire,' Bryan Eisenberg
Dec 28, 2022
Create the legacy you want to leave for your children
Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- His dad met a guy in the 80s when he was the VP of a bank
- A Hispanic client came in weekly with $50k in cash in a duffle bag
- This was an inspiration for the book
- Live within your means
- He valued his money and enjoyed his life
- A day in April, his boys were home from school and asked if they could play catch
- Bryan loved that he had the freedom to play catch in the middle of the day, middle of the week
- He focuses his energy where he values it
Related episodes and posts
- Too many entrepreneurs get lost in the weeds of not controlling their calendars and their lives.
- "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari."
- By the time your kids graduate high school, you'll have spent 80%+ of your time with them.
- "The Millionaire Next Door"
- This book is a legacy book for his kids.
- He asked his friends for a legacy book recommendation and found a hole in the market.
- He and his brother mapped out the big principles.
- Understand people.
- Find your revenue blindspots.
- Focus on your core principles, or trouble creeps in.
- Budget for word-of-mouth marketing.
- Roy Williams doubles down on word-of-mouth marketing.
- Most businesses ignore word-of-mouth marketing.
- We must entertain our readers.
- Let AI/ChatGBT write your first draft.
- Create your swipe file, so you're not looking at a blank screen.
- We have to shape young minds.
- His book is aimed at helping younger people get on the right track.
- "You're going to suck when you start."
You're going to suck when you start."
- Focus on intentionally getting better.
- There are always opportunities to learn new things.
- Bryan is a former social worker and teacher.
- We strip people of the dignity that comes from working hard.
- His brother, Jeffrey, was working and wanted to have a relationship with his younger brother, Bryan, with whom he didn't have a great relationship as children.
- Bryan "hacked the code" at 13 when he was modifying chat boards to get people to visit sections he wanted them to.
- He had a patient who had been in hospitals non-stop since she was 12.
- The customer is always right because it's their world, so we have to meet them where they are.
- Great salespeople have great empathy.
- Avoid The 7 Deadly Sins of Selling and "The Stepford Salesperson."
- The Golden Rule applies in sales.
- Budget for word-of-mouth.
Sales Growth Tools Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Take The CRM Quiz: get a free consultation with me
- Donate: Just because you like the show, the no-bullshit approach, and don't want to buy a book, software, or The Make Every Sale Program.
- The Sales Agenda: take control of every sales opportunity like a pro.
- Leadferno: Turn lurkers into leads
- Founders Card: Get $20,000 in free processing from Stripe, save 15% on Bose, save on hotels, travel, car rentals, you name it.
- Send Drunk Emails: ...that get opened and get you paid!
- Phone Burner: work the phone like a machine so you can be a human when you connect.
- Sendspark: Send video emails that make an impact so you can stand out from the noise. Use promo code SALESWHISPERER to get 33% off for 3 months
- Guest Site: https://www.bryaneisenberg.com/
- Guest Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGrok
- Guest LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bryaneisenberg/
- Guest Book: "The Rice and Beans Millionaire: The Tale of an Improbable Entrepreneur"
- Guest Book: "Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It"
- Guest Book: "Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?: Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing"
- Guest Book: "Persuasive Online Copywriting: How to Take Your Words to the Bank"
- Support The Sales Podcast: https://bit.ly/3JOJ6jC
- Podcast website: https://www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3PeYzKL
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nEwCF8
- Vimeo Full Episodes
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheWes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saleswhisperer
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/saleswhisperer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thesaleswhisperer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesaleswhisperer
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saleswhisperer