Focus On What Never Changes In Business
Click here to download the episode.
Watch the unedited video of Brad Sugars on The Sales Podcast
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- The 5 disciplines for exponential growth
- The people component has never changed
- Build great people to build a great business
"You get the people you deserve."
- "You're an average manager so you get average workers."
- Saw Jim Rohn said read a book a week for the rest of your life
- If he got better at business, business gets easier.
- Teach them what, how, and why
- Granular goal-setting
- What are your five daily goals
- KPIs are fine but why not give all employees five daily goals and see what happens
- Start with the mindset of exponential growth
- Shoot for 150% growth vs. 15%
- Expand your brain
- Stop focusing on small gains
- 5 keys
- Biz Dev
- "It just seems like magic" that big companies get such big growth
- "It can't be that simple." Yes, it can.
- It really can be easy
- Do your customers and staff love you?
- What are you doing to make them not love working for you?
- What is your meaning behind your mission?
- Millennials ask "why do we do this?" Explain that to everyone.
- You're going to have to change but keep selling what you're selling while it's selling.
- If sales are steady your costs are rising so you'll be out of business in 3-5 years
- Ray Kroc asked, "How can we put these on every corner?"
- You need to know you're a marketer/entrepreneur first, not a doer of your thing
- His college buddy was his first hire and he was operations.
- Three cores:
- Can fix one of the three.
- Break your arm to step back
- Steve Jobs learned leverage from Pixar. Build it once and sell it over and over.
- Too busy is the new stupid
- Hiding behind all your gizmos and platforms doesn't help
- One idea doesn't give you 100% growth
- Do 100 things that give you 1% growth
- You can't out-earn your learning
- Wrote the vision of ActionCoach after about 4-5 years
- Ask yourself how do I get 30x growth? It'll hurt but it's worth the challenge.
- Business teaches us the things we don't know every single day!
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Get Brad's book, "Pulling Profits Out of a Hat: Adding Zeros to Your Company Isn't Magic"
- Check out Action Coach
- Connect with Brad Sugars on LinkedIn
- Follow Brad on Twitter
- Get Simon Sinek's book, "Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action"