Focus on five, not love, to grow your sales
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Hated his job out of college
- Discovered affiliate marketing
- Struggled for a couple of years
- Was getting two unique visitors per week
- Found Overture, Bing, etc and started getting traffic
- Quit his job in 9 months
- His profits went to $0 within one week of submitting his letter of resignation
- He doubled down, burned his bridges, and committed to making it as an entrepreneur
- Within 30 days he turned things around again
- By the next year he made a high 6-figure income
- Started a blog on his strategies
- Persistence is key
- The affiiliate marketing world has dramatically changed
- Now it's all about analytics, optimizing
- Expect to lose money for weeks until you optimize your offer
- Native advertising is the cross between (Outbrain, RevContent)
- Easier to break in
- More lax
- It's like a sophisticated banner ad
- It looks like an ad
- Create your own site and content
- Look at your competitors and see what they are succeeding with and emulate them to break into a new market
- "Great By Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos, and Luck—Why Some Thrive Despite Them All" by Jim Collins
- Fire bullets before you fire canons
- Create an MVP
- Don't fall in love with your offering
- "I'd rather be a passenger than a pioneer"
- Google wasn't the first search engine
- Facebook wasn't the first social media platform
- Was a turnaround specialist for a while
- Management is usually bad
- Poor culture
- No accountability
- Losing $80,000/mo
- He had to shut down divisions
- Laid off big groups of people
- Implemented daily goals and meetings
- Created a vision
- Made a new brand
- Essentially made a new company
- Visionary vs Operators
- You need both
- Affiliate marketing is undergoing a bit of a renaiisance
- Use tools like What Runs Where to see what others are doing
- There's the Shopify model where you sell drop-shipped products
- Retail stores are going bankrupt
- Focus. Dig Deep on one thing. Follow your strength.
- Write down the five most important things you must get done every day and week on a pad and keep it in front of you
- He has his team say aloud what their top 5 items are
- Save it in your project management system
- Discipline. Make it a game.
Learn From Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman Swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Profit Swami to learn more about Amit Mehta
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Make Every Sale
- Get ActiveCampaign For Just $9
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Infusionsoft Review
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
Now go sell something.