Follow your intuition to stop "maintaining" and reach your potential
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Co-founder of Secret Knock (Forbes, Inc, Entrepreneur Magazine calls it a must-attend event)
- Unique speakers
- "Sonny and Cher variety show"
- Co-founder of Sherpa Press
- Come from a long line of entrepreneurs and people who had to create their lives without a blueprint
- Her parents are from a rural part of The Philippines where they didn't have a lot of help
- If it doesn't bring you joy you probably shouldn't do it
- Follow your inner compass
- Her family moved here when she was 10 and her mom was a single mom with $10 to their name
- America is still the land of opportunity
- Six of them lived in a small room until she was 17 and her mom got on her feet
- Her grandmother was a shoe merchant who raised 10 siblings and six kids of her own and always wanted to come to America
- "I have it good. We don't get hit by typhoons. We have electricity. We have structure. I had to honor my grandmother."
- Remember that you are part of a bigger picture so play big
- She didn't have mentors or other help
- Whatever you fight gets stronger so she didn't fight the fear and despair, she felt it and traced it
- Don't fall into the self-judgement
- What happens in your head is much worse than the actual experience
- Failure doesn't mean you're off course. It's part of the course.
- She was isolated as as kid in The Philippines and she didn't buy into the stories of others.
- "I didn't know I was poor."
- Her aunt paid for her and her siblings to go to a nice school.
- Her mom wouldn't let her socialize with her friends until they were leaving and she saw how wealthy they all were.
- Growth is awesome
- Most people don't realize they're in the "maintenance phase"
- We're infinite beings and can create anything
- Had two jobs in college and three during breaks (she'd work all night)
- One offered her a job but she couldn't do it once it was an obligation and full time so she left after a year
- She knew she was "incubating"
- People communicate louder with what they don't say
- She loves amplifying people
- She's a big reader (used to read up to 1,200 books a year...now just maybe 100 per year)
- This lead to Sherpa Press
- She listens to her intution
- A lot of "how-tos" will work but listen to your intuition
- Conferences are like playing the slots. Once you're on a winning streak...STOP!
- We're spiritual beings in a material world
Catch Up on Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit WooMeTv
- Radical Business School
- Follow Allyn Reid on Instagram
- Follow Secret Knock on Twitter
- Join our private Facebook Group, The Implementors, to continue the conversation
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Automate Your Marketing For $9/mo
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Fix Your Follow Up Failure
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft